Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Looking Back to 2009- Series 2



In August 2009, RI Handmade coordinated its first art show. I was there to represent my newly established catering business. We held the event in East Greenwich, Rhode Island on a beautiful Sunday at Perle Nail Salon. It was an awesome experience for me. Before the event, I was unsure if I had done enough networking or if enough people even knew about it. So, a few days before the event, I went door to door, handing out flyers to local East Greenwich businesses. I handed out a simple, elegant flyer of the event and crossed my fingers. Fortunately, that Sunday was a beautiful, sunny day and people from all over showed up. All enjoyed the art show and numerous people tasted my Mediterranean cuisine for the first time. A number of them would later become regular clients of mine. I learned so much about networking and being out there for public. I learned a valuable lesson; if I want to be successful in my catering business, I have to be assertive in marketing. In 2010, more art shows are sure to be put together by RI Handmade. Look forward to them!

1 comment:

  1. Great story Tulay :) We all learned a lot from that experience!

    ReplyDelete